LWVUS Joins People’s Climate March on April 29
League of Women Voters of the United States voted to officially participate in the People’s Climate March in Washington DC on April 29. March organizers invite all Americans to come together to show the world and our political leaders our commitment to protecting our fellow global citizens and our planet. According to the organizers, the march aims to:
- Advance solutions to the climate crisis [that are] rooted in racial, social and economic justice and committed to protecting front-line communities and workers.
- Protect our right to clean air, water, land, healthy communities and a world at peace.
- Immediately stop attacks on immigrants, communities of color, indigenous and tribal people and lands and workers.
- Ensure public funds and investments create good paying jobs that provide a family-sustaining wage and benefits and preserve workers’ rights, including the right to unionize.
- Fund investments in our communities, people and environment to transition to a new clean and renewable energy economy that works for all.
- Protect our basic rights to a free press, protest and free speech.
Denver to Host “Sister” March in Solidarity
If the trek to DC is too much, or too carbon heavy, join in the activism closer to home. A sister march is being planned for the same day, April 29 from 10-4 in Denver’s Civic Center Park. Find more details and see which friends are going (so you can carpool!) on the Denver Climate March Facebook Event.